Alex over at Film Forager was so kind to extend one of these to me. Bless her, Alex is what I believe the intelligent folk call ‘rad’. I’m actually not sure Alex and I don’t share brain matter or operate on the same wavelength because she likes a lot of the same things I do to the point where I think if we knew each other in real life, we’d get along famously! Plus, Alex is an updating machine – unlike me, yeah? – and she writes about any kind and every kind of movie you can think of. (Sorry for ending that sentence on a preposition, Alex.)
So, here’s the rules:
“Receiving such a kind honor comes with some criteria as well (7 in fact):
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.”
1. Thanks, Alex! You’re the best. (Note to readers: you should start reading Film Forager stat if you’re not doing so already. Just a helpful hint.) Alex wrote some super nice things about me like that I’m “fun to read”. Right back atcha, Alex!
2. Here you go:
3. I’ve done so previously but just in case, GO VISIT ALEX HERE!
4. Seven things about myself that are interesting? … But I’m so bland. Vanilla. Plain Jane!
Ah, well, here goes nothing:
- The other thing I love besides movies is cooking. I read a crazy amount of food blogs, two of my favorite movie bloggers also blog about food and I’m currently contemplating culinary school. (Have y’all seen the pricetag on film school? Or culinary school? It’s enough to make you reach for the Tums, I tell you.) The only thing I don’t like about my apartment is how small the kitchen is, but nearly every apartment has a small kitchen. I’m looking forward to buying a house just for the damn kitchen.
- I’ve never graduated from college. I have a half-finished degree and while I’d love to finish that, too, I’m slightly terrified of taking on the debt to finish, much to my mother’s chagrin.
- My biggest pet peeve is table manners. If you smack, chew with your mouth open, scrape your teeth with your fork, dribble food down yourself or generally eat as though you’re a pig at a trough, I can’t stand to be around you. This is inherited from my father, who ruled our childhood table with a firm eye on manners. To this day, I hear someone smacking and see them chewing with their mouth open and it makes me squirm, for real.
- I have wanted to grow up to do the following things: Paleontologist, journalist, emergency room doctor, virologist, historian, teacher.
- I swear to God, one of the things I do before I die will be to learn Russian. I have an odd fascination with Russia, its history and the language. One of these days I’ll hop on the ball about learning.
- My newspaper class in high school declared me to be ‘Most Likely To Marry a Starving Artist’, whatever that means. And yes, my journalism teacher would be so proud if he could read this now.
- Two of my best friends I have known since I was seven years old. That means in two years, we’ll have known each other for twenty years. I don’t think I can bring it up ever again for fear that they’ll both start fanning themselves and then pass out at how old we’re getting.
5 & 6:
Pluck You, Too! Tommy’s hysterical, got great taste in movies and makes me hungry with his food posts where he goes around and photographs restaurants with the food he orders. It’ll make you hungry! Starving! Plus he’s funny as hell and likes boobs. Really, who doesn’t like boobs? Who?
Out of the Past: Raquelle will school your ass on old school film. Shiiit. Lady knows more about classic films than anyone I’ve ever met. She’ll make you long to see movies you’d never even considered.
Valley Dreamin’: Consider this: JD IS A TEENAGER. Dude, when he’s all grown up with his fierce design abilities and great taste as well as his unique writing – we should all probably be afraid.
(I cheated and did three, because everyone else I thought could use one I think got linked already. If I didn’t link you and you have a blog, consider yourself linked, yo.)